Chicken Shawarma is usually prepared on a vertical rotisserie until tender, and then shaved onto pita bread with pickles, tomatoes, and other tasty fillings.
- Chicken Breast & Dark Meat (deboned) 1 LB
- Al-Salam Chicken Shawarma Spices 1.5 Tb or up to you
- Plain Yogurt 2 Tb
- Lemon Juice 4 Ts
- Oil or Butter 2 Ts
- Vinegar & Water Solution 1 Ts
- Onion & Garlic Pure 2 Tb combined (or more if you like it garlicky)
- Salt (to taste or cover)
You will also need
- Mixing bowl, grill or baking sheet, tongs, skillet, and spatula
Prep & Cooking Instructions
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips and cover with the Al-Salam Chicken Shawarma Spices (use some, leave some for marinate mix).
2. In the mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, including the plain yogurt, lemon juice, oil or butter, vinegar & water, Al-Salam Chicken Shawarma Spices, and onion & garlic puree.
3. Once fully mixed, add in the spice-covered chicken gently, and gently mix. Allow to marinate for at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
4. Stir fry, bake, or rotisserie to cook. If using a rotisserie, include some extra chicken fat as to melt into the meat for a juicier Shawarma (although not super healthy lol)
Serve in pita bread, with tomatoes, cucumber and turnip pickle slices, and garlic sauce.
I hope you enjoy it! - Ahmad K.